Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tech Digest: Yay or nay: Transporter


Dear Readers,

Tech Digest have come across the latest and flashiest bit of kit that will stream music stored on your PC to your Hi-Fi.

Tech Digest: Yay or nay: Transporter

I have been thinking about purchasing something like this for some time - always being put of by the cost. A new thought has sprung to mind recently that possibly will be able to provide me with the solution that I am looking for with additional benefits.

I have in effect removed the Hi-Fi from my life and now use a DVD player and surround sound to play CDs. I would like to have the ability to store my music on a hard drive, search for it and play it with out having to go through a CD collection and changing each CD every time I want a different type of music.

My thinking is that instead of going for one of these streaming tools, I am considering purchasing a new PC with a decent sound card, a decent video card and a wireless card. Then I will be able to plug this directly into my TV and surround sound and hey presto music and PC on demand!

Till next time dear reader...

Vis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home