Sunday, May 29, 2005

My Head Hurts!

In the past few months I have been waking up with a sore head - some times it was with nausea. It always seemed to happen on a Saturday morning, and the other funny thing was that there was the same person with me the night before - I therefore describe him as a beer monster and I think that what I was suffering from was a hangover - something that I have not experienced on a regular basis since I was a student - a few decades ago!

I once asked a friend, who is a very clever fella, why a drink could not be invented that made people act stupid and dribble and talk rubbish but not make them feel like dirt in the morning! He went on to explain the science of alcohol and how when we drink it opens up the blood vessels in the brain allowing more oxygen to reach our thinking centre. With the added oxygen our brains goes into overdrive, hence the talking rubbish, thinking that we are the cleverest person in the world and that we are god's gift.

The problems arise the following morning - when according to my clever friend the vessels that once helped the oxygen flow to the brain were now contracting and causing pain in the process! This is called a hangover.

My only problem with this conversation is that I cannot remember if I had it before, during or after a hangover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home