Monday, April 21, 2008

The story behind the story

BBC NEWS dot.life A blog about technology from BBC News Is it lift off for Linux?

Sometimes I read about a news item on the BBC or other website or sometimes I read about it via a blog.

In the blog that I link to above I read the news story first and then the blog later and it got me thinking about how journalists are using their blogs to 'show their working' for stories and allows us the readers the ability to discover more about the story if we are interested.

Blogging has gone through, and still is going through, many manifestations of the same theme. I mentioned in my previous entry that business is still trying to find the case for using blogs and other social media and I see journalists are starting to move blogging to this new level and making it become part of the business and not so much about their opinion on daily life!

I know that some events of national importance have spread via twitter before the newspapers / website caught up to them, maybe we will see a natural flow for stories in the future...

1. Twitter reports coming in about a story
2. Appears on BBC
3. Read the follow up / workings on the blog
4. Contribute in the comments

A useful site I have been following is called 'Strange Attractor' which is complied by an on-line journalist called Suw Charman-Anderson who describes herself as a 'social software consultant and writer' she and her husband Kevin Anderson have some great ideas as to how social software can be implemented in journalism.

Maybe business should look to journalists for the case to embrace!

Till next time

Vis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home